or Login

Neighborhoods

Albertson

Albertson is located south of Roslyn and east of Searingtown. The boundary between Albertson & Searingtown is ill-defined, as they share the same post office and are unincorporated. In general, Searingtown refers to the area west of Searingtown Road and Albertson the area east of Willis Avenue. The Long Island Rail Road designated an Albertson train station in 1864.

In 1908, the Vanderbilt Motor Parkway was built on the southern border of Albertson. In 1938, it was closed and replaced in 1940 by the Northern State Parkway, running along the northern border of Albertson.

In 1946, suburbanization began with a small development by William Levitt. The last farms were developed in the mid-1960s.

School Reports & Additional Community Information